Weddings can be expensive, so it’s no wonder that a lot of people are foregoing the big event and using the money in other ways. This makes you pause to ask if a wedding ceremony is all that important. The answer is “yes,” and there are a few things you should know about this.
Reasons Why the Ceremony is Important
While you may be tempted to use the money that you’d pay for a beach wedding ceremony to pay off debts or buy your first home, don’t. There are a few reasons why your wedding ceremony is so important, including:
- You need to celebrate the marriage.
- You want to showcase your bride. It’s her day to be the center of attention.
- You want to have an opportunity to speak promises to one another in front of witnesses.
Skip the Big Event and Have a Beach Wedding Ceremony Instead
The main function of a beach wedding ceremony is to provide you with the opportunity to make promises to one another that form the basis of your marriage. When you keep these promises, your marriage becomes both fulfilling and secure. This should be what’s emphasized at your beach wedding ceremony.
There are three main elements of your vows. In them, you’re reminded that your marriage is a permanent, intimately exclusive relationship that requires extraordinary care. Writing these promises out in your own words so that you can expand upon them will help you understand that your marriage is permanent and that you’re in this relationship for life. You’ll also be encouraged to guard your marriage and care for one another and always put each other first.
Understanding What “Extraordinary Care” Means
By providing extraordinary care to your marriage, there are several things that you’re choosing to do:
- You choose to do whatever you can to make your partner happy. This means meeting their emotional needs (e.g., affection, physical intimacy, intimate conversation, communication, and recreational companionship). In turn, they’re choosing to make time to ensure that your needs are met even when they’re busy.
- You’re also willing to go out of your way to avoid making your partner unhappy. You won’t be disrespectful, demanding, or dishonest towards your partner. Instead, you’ll consider their interests and feelings prior to making any decisions. If you object to what your partner wants to do, then it won’t happen until a mutual agreement has been reached. Doing so ensures that each partner is protected from the other person’s selfish instincts.
Creating Your Marriage Ceremony
Your whole ceremony, including the ceremony wording and music (if you prefer it), should reflect your vows. Once the vows are spoken, your guests or officiant shouldn’t have any doubt about your promises’ meaning. This should also be a reminder to anyone who’s forgotten their marriage’s promises.
Whatever you decide is best for your beach wedding ceremony in Clearwater, FL, or on the surrounding beaches and in the parks of Pinellas County, we want you to know that we’ll be here for you at Tides of Love Beach Weddings. We’ll capture the day’s memories so that you can happily look back on them for the rest of your life. Contact us today to schedule your event.
Picture Credit: Freepik