A lot of work goes into planning a wedding. While all your efforts will pay off in the end, there is certainly a lot to think about when you’re initially planning your big day. If you’ve decided to have a beautiful beach wedding near Clearwater or another sunny destination, here are some of the key things you should consider as early as possible.
Deciding on a budget is crucial to ensure you make decisions that work for you and your finances. A beach wedding can be more cost-effective than a city wedding if you do not hire a physical venue. There are various ways to plan a beach wedding, depending on your budget. You can get a permit that costs between $100-$250 or pay thousands of dollars to hire a stunning beach hotel with a sea view. Make a list of must-haves for your beach wedding and decide from there what you can afford. Additional extras like the cost of a wedding photographer, catering, and flowers can quickly add up and eat into a limited budget, so make sure you’re prioritizing what’s important to you.
Your Dress Code
The bride’s outfit is one of the big surprises of any wedding, as many people wait in anticipation to see what she will be wearing. The groom’s outfit also needs some careful planning, especially if he’s going to make use of some color coordination between the bride and the rest of the wedding. If you are inviting guests to witness the exchange of your vows on a gorgeous beach near Clearwater, be clear if there are specific colors or styles you want them to wear or avoid. Some couples choose to set a color theme and ask all their guests to adhere to this. These approaches can help you to achieve the perfect optics on your big day as your wedding photographer captures these unforgettable moments.
Getting the timing of your wedding right can be a challenge as many factors are unpredictable; however, there are many steps you can take to give yourself the best chance of having the perfect beach wedding. You should find out what time the sun will rise and set on the day you are considering having your wedding. Discuss what the weather might be like during the time of year at the location you are choosing. Given the wedding is on the beach, you should pay particular attention to the times of the tides, positioning any altars or other equipment further away if needed.
With just a week to go before the momentous day, it’s a great time to finalize your preparations. Here are some additional tips to ensure you’re ready for the big day:
1. Dress Smartly:
- Keep an eye on the weather forecast as the day approaches and choose your attire accordingly. Comfort is key! It’s a good idea for grooms who tend to feel the heat to have a spare shirt on hand.
2. Pack a Bag:
It’s essential to have a bag packed with the following items:
- Photo Identification
- Original Marriage License (don’t forget the envelope!) 🙂
- Wedding Rings
- Grooming essentials like a brush/comb, hairspray, makeup, and hair pins/bands
- A debit card for any unforeseen expenses, like parking meters
- Identification documents
- Plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Sunscreen to fend off any unexpected sunburn
- Two umbrellas – they’ll shield you from the sun or a sudden drizzle
- Comfortable shoes that can easily slide on/off for when you need a quick change
- Towels to freshen up or dry off
3. Embrace the Weather:
- Did you know that rain on your wedding day is often considered a good omen, symbolizing a strong, enduring marriage?
- Especially in Florida, where the weather has a mind of its own, a little rain can actually be a blessing in disguise. It seldom rains all day, so there’s no need to fret!
- Rain can also be a photographer’s ally, creating dramatic, vibrant photographs that capture the essence of your love amidst the natural splendor. Plus, who wouldn’t love a photo with a rainbow in the background or a glorious sunset painting the sky?
Planning Your Perfect Big Day
Once you have your budget agreed upon and know what day and time you want to tie the knot, you can explore options for a gorgeous beach wedding near Clearwater. Wedding organizers can play a critical role in helping to deliver your big day the way you want. Contact Tides of Love Beach Weddings to learn more about options near Clearwater and how they could make your wedding day more memorable.
Picture Source: Tides of Love Beach Weddings